X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR problem | Strange behavior of NODE | Refuses to load GI files

Hi everyone,

/// DR problem | Strange behavior of NODE | Refuses to load GI files ///

I've stumbled to a very strange problem, which has never happened to me so far.
    Here's the thing:

SITUATION :
    There are 4 PCs
    1. Workstation - called for short : ( WS )
    2. RenderNode1 - called for short : ( N1 )
    3. RenderNode2 - called for short : ( N2 )
    3. RenderNode3 - called for short : ( N3 )

All PCs are identical to OS (Win7) , Max2011 Sp1, V-Ray 2.40 (latest build)

- WS holds the scene - all maps, etc. Every node has a mapped drive ( L , E ) which are the paths to where the scene and maps are ! So far everything is ok !
    - I render the LC map on the fastest machine ( N2 ) and save it on drive L on the WS. Then I change the LC setup - to read that file for LC.

Problem 1:
    Initially the NODES were aborting to load the LC map , and so - render nodes didn't wand to start rendering at all....
    I copied the LC file to an identical folder < C:\@@@GI\LC.vrlmap > and copied the LC file to every node in the same folder < C:\@@@GI\... > So far - OK !
    it seams the problem was gone !

Problem 2:

Scheme 1:
    When I render the scene from WS, 1 of the 3 nodes, refuses to load the LC file Correctly - in this case ( N2 ), which was the machine I calculated the LC file in the first time.
    Render behavior:
    WS - renders OK ... ( DR Workstation )
    N1 - renders OK ... ( DR Slave )
    N2 - renders without GI ... ( DR Slave )
    N3 - renders OK ... ( DR Slave )

The thing is N2 sees the maps (textures), geometry, everything.... It just refuses to use the GI file.

Scheme 2:
    I loaded locally the scene on N2.
    WS - renders OK ... ( DR Slave )
    N1 - renders OK ... ( DR Slave )
    N2 - renders OK ... ( DR Workstation )
    N3 - renders OK ... ( DR Slave )

Scheme 3:
    WITHOUT USING A PRE-SAVED LC MAP.
    I let the LC to mode < Single Frame > so that all the 4 PCs calculate it from scratch.
    Render bahavior: identical to Scheme 1.... N2 doesn't use GI at all, and so renders everything darker.

Anyone familiar with this problem ???

Best regards,
    nikki Candelero
    .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Hi,

I suspect "Problem 1" is due to the mapped network drive and Light cache. Could you try to use UNC paths instead?
    It will be helpful if we can see the exact error message that is shown in the V-Ray log.

Regarding "Problem 2", changing to UNC paths should help for this case as well.
    Also you could check the access rights for machine N2 and "User account control settings".
    Do you have Vrayspawner set as a service?

If those suggestions don't solve the problems with LC map, please contact us via our support mail.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi, mate,

Problem 1 is not due to those mapped drives... as I was rendering the same project just 2 days earlier... and everything was great !
      Actually i used the N2 machine to calculate all the LC files... and then save them on the WS ( HDD L: ), so every node can read it from there !
      IT WAS ALL PERFECT !

UNC paths I also doubt would be a problem, as I've copied the LC file - locally to each node in the folder < C:\@@@GI\ > so
      it was supposed that the nodes have to read it locally too...

UAC - are all disabled
      VRaySpawner - is run as Administrator.

Best regards,
      nikki Candelero

P.S.: I wish I had made a screen shot of the log. Will try to reproduce the message again and will do !
      .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

Hi again,

Thanks for the details.
        If able to reproduce the DR issue you can send the log files to support@chaosgroup.com
        I suppose it would be best to arrange a remote desktop session to troubleshoot this issue.
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X